Thursday 21 June 2012

My trusty companion...

After failing to convince any friends or family to take the plunge and move to Uganda with me, I've started recruiting gadget companions in the hope they will keep me entertained while I'm trying to fit in.

The first new addition: a spanky new camera!

Once again I've proved that I am good with my money as I smashed my £200 maximum budget by some 300%. Of course, it's definitely worth it... and I'm sure I'll believe that for at least the post-purchase fortnight, but there is an awfully familiar feeling at the back of my mind: Keyboard £300, E-reader (prior to the boom) £250 and gym membership £350 all gathering dust as we speak!

Anyway, it's a pretty nifty piece of kit. An SLR (an acronym I have no intention of delving into) with some great big whopping zoom things that make me look like a professional. Nikon D3100 with some added bits and bobs.

Here are the first pics of the house in a state of disrepair:







No comments:

Post a Comment